- The County Seat of Clinton County
- Home to David Rice Atchison, also known
as "President for a Day" in 1849
(exhibit located in the county courthouse)
- Battle of Plattsburg occurred during the
Civil War in 1864
- The Clinton County Historical Museum hosts
numerous artifacts and displays
- Confederate soldier turned outlaw, Jesse
James, once lived in Clinton County
numerous "Painted Ladies,"
unique Victorian homes that are a
churches more than 100 years old, a
treasure of Plattsburg.
- Five Full Service Restaurants
- Three "Over the Counter"
- Bed & Breakfast & other
- Several "general stores"
& home decor
- An 18-hole championship golf
- A municipal pool
- Five city parks
- Boat access and fishing to
- Bowling Alley